Cataloging my trades on a blog...

Last week I had the opportunity to trade alongside many people who participated in the BearBull Challenge (https://bearbulltraders.com), a trading chatroom service that I am a life-time member of. Those who participated in the challenge were given 25,000 in equity (paper money of course), and we were allowed to trade on a DAS platform and the game was on. I wasn't number one, but for once I grew the account from 25K to about 30K in one week.

What did I learn?

I learned that I don't know much about trading, this after 2 years and some months of trading. But I also learned that patience is the key to trading. I am a short biased trader that can't go long even if my life depends on it. I have a pessimistic mind set and believe everything will eventually come crashing down. I am mostly right, but I suck at the timing to enter a trade. I learned that if i can wait a little longer to give the ticker a chance to exhaust itself, I can get a better entry and go in with size. The reason I didn't do even better last week was I rushed to short some tickers when they had strength, when they were going up and I was squeezed. But almost all of the stocks that I let run against me, eventually came down to be green by the end of the day. If I had waited on my entry, the week could have been an even better week.

Going forward:

I am still a hard-core short seller. I believe stocks eventually come down but now I know when not to short and I know how to give myself a small room (a defined risk) to get out when it is not working. I will try to catalogue my trades in this blog, and those who want to see my struggles, my journey, give me some ideas or just wanna tell me I suck, you are all welcome to comment here. I am starting with 1500 in equity. I am not going to try to pay off my school loans in one year but my goal is to be consistent and try to figure out a way to slowly scale up my trades and maybe eventually be able to draw some money from the markets.

Let's see.

Daniel
May 4, 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hopes and prayers as a trading technique

January 2019 Report