January 2019 Report

I don't have much to say except I still consider myself a day trader, and I am doing everything I can to learn to trade and become consistently profitable.

Before I start, I want to give a shout out to Joshua (@jscherniack) who is responsible for most of the green days I have. He is a member of the group I am following and learning from. Yes... I joined IU again, and I am there to stay.

This month, I joined back the Investors Underground community (after taking off for some time). As I promised, I am here to report on my progress. This definitely isn't and shouldn't be seen a review of the group. After all, a mentor can only teach you all the tricks they have in the box, but it is up to you to listen and do it. Any failure or drawback in your activities shouldn't be seen as the mentor's failure.

This month started well. First day in IU and another chatroom (that I am life time member of - Bear Bull Traders), I was listening and watching the gurus at their best. It was a green day. I was excited. I told myself things have changed now, and I am okay. If anything, I will stop losing as much as I have in the past with controlled trades, well-planned executions and of course an exit plan when things work or don't work. It started off with a great start. Second day was the same, another green day. I was 'it'. I was unstoppable, and charging ahead. I could see my retirement in a couple of years, and even started planning to maybe get a hobby to do when I am not a 'job' man anymore.

The market is cruel. I didn't even say that out loud, but it listened, and it came back roaring to teach me a lesson. It was a loss, not a big one that I couldn't recover from. Then another day... another day... red after red. It was a bloody excel spreadsheet, looked like a crime scene. The account I started with about 890 bucks, went below 500, I had to fund it. I realized I am still clueless, and I still needed to learn more. But then I have learned a lot.

I have studied a lot - this is what the problem is with trading. You watch DVDs after DVDs, youtube videos, blogs, webinars, one-on-one mentorships and everything you can put your hands on. But at the end of the day, it is you who are next to your keyboard pressing on those buttons to get into a trade or not. You are in the driver's seat - not the mentor or the person you watched on those countless videos or chatrooms. But have one mentor to nudge you and listen to you when you need to.

Today is almost the last day of January. I had a green day - recovered bit of the losses, and I will go at it again tomorrow. But here is the summary of the month.


Let's get back at it tomorrow! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hopes and prayers as a trading technique

Cataloging my trades on a blog...